200 S. Ivy St. - RM 177
Medford, OR 97501
Phone: (541) 774-2440
Fax: (541) 774-2555
Email: water@medfordwater. . .
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Human Resources is responsible for maintaining employee records, safety programs and worker's compensation. HR also assists in the administration of personnel policies, compensation plans, employee relations and health benefit programs. The Application for Employment is linked below.
Position openings are advertised on the Commission's website, with selected positions receiving a wider recruitment effort. Announcements are also sent to the State of Oregon Employment Department.
Applications may be obtained through the link below, or by calling or writing the Commission:
200 S. Ivy St. - Room 177
Medford, Oregon 97501-8601
Candidates must submit resume, application, and cover letter to Tanya Haakinson, HR Manager at email@example.com, by fax,
by mail, or to our office. All three elements (cover letter, resume, and application) must be received by the closing deadline for consideration.
Following a review of the applications, the most highly qualified applicants will be invited to proceed further in the selection process. Individuals not selected will be notified.
Compensation and Benefits
Medford Water Commission offers employees a competitive merit-based salary, as well as an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision for employees and family with a small employee cost share
- Long Term Disability Insurance - provided by the Commission
- Life Insurance - $50,000 policy provided by the Commission
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment - $50,000 provided by the Commission
- Health Reimbursement Account - $1,800 per year provided by the Commission
- Voluntary Supplemental Policies - Aflac, Critical Illness, Additional Life Insurance, and more
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
The Commission's Wellness Program promotes physical, emotional, and financial wellness with various goals and incentives throughout the year. A free and confidential Employee Assistance Program can assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with any personal problem, including crisis counseling, managing anxiety, dealing with financial strain, and more. A fully-equipped fitness center is available at the Lausmann Annex building.
Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays
Employees accrue vacation starting at 96 hours per year, and earn 96 hours of paid sick leave annually. In addition, employees receive 3 personal holidays per year and the Commission recognizes 9 paid holidays.
- Oregon Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) - 6% pre-tax contributed by the employee
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan) Available
- Successful applicants must provide documentation of the right to work in this country, as required by the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1986.
- A computer skills test may be required for clerical positions.
- Some positions require a pre-employment drug test, background check, and/or credit check. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical exam.
- A valid Oregon State driver’s license is required for all positions.
- For more information on the application process, call: (541) 774-2444.
Tanya Haakinson, SHRM-CP, PHR, Human Resources Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.